Helix Insights Pty Ltd trading as Diligence (“Helix” or “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. This policy describes the practices we follow to respect the privacy of our clients and visitors to https://diligence.helix.legal Website).
Helix may collect Personal Information in order to conduct our business, to provide and market our services and to meet our legal obligations.
The performance of our functions and activities, including our collection, use, storage, retention, security and disclosure of your Personal Information is in accordance with all relevant privacy laws including the Privacy Act and the Australian Crime Commission Act 2002 (ACC Act).
Collecting Personal Information
"Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
We will, from time to time, receive and store Personal Information you enter onto the Website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
We use, collect, and hold Personal Information to enable other entities participating in the construction industry such as developers, contractors and subcontractors to assess the legal history of entities including adjudication, court and company legal status.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is up to date, complete and accurate.
How we Collect Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- when you submit information through the Website;
- in person, for example, when you engage with our help desk and search services team;
- when you connect to a third party or connect to our services via a third party, for example, an integration partner; and
- in the course of providing services to you.
We may also collect information about you from our related bodies corporate, our business partners, third party suppliers and government database services.
The kinds of information we collect include:
- the nature of any adjudication proceedings brought against a person;
- the nature of any court proceedings brought against a person, by that person, or involving that person, in various courts and tribunals within Australia;
- the names of the parties:
- bringing an action against a person;
- against whom that person has brought an action; or
- participating in an action involving that person,
- the court in which that action was brought;
- the status of that action;
- the presiding officer over that action; and
- the time, date and venue of any hearing involving that action.
- We may collect this information from third parties such as law enforcement, court websites and government authorities and agencies.
- We do not obtain information that is not already on the public record.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information and take steps to protect your Personal Information against loss, unauthorised access, use modification or disclosure, including for example:
- firewalls implemented across all office networks and sites;
- anti-virus software deployed on all workstations;
- requiring any third parties engaged by Diligence/Helix to provide appropriate assurances to handle your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act; and
- taking reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information after we no longer need it for our business or to comply with the law.
Collection of Personal Information through website activity
The Website includes pages that use ‘cookies’. A cookie is a unique identification number that allows the server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. The cookies assist us in identifying what our users find interesting on the Website.
A cookie will be allocated each time you use the Website. The cookie does not identify you as an individual in our data collection process, however it does identify your Internet Service Provider.
Use of Your Personal information
We will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose than what is outlined below without first seeking your consent, or whether authorised or required by law. We will use the Personal Information we collect for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection, or otherwise as set out below:
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- to provide the products you have requested from us;
- to process payments;
- to answer any inquiry you make;
- to send notifications, reminders and relevant documentation;
- to improve our business, products and services;
- to market other Helix services or products to you;
- to handle and respond to any complaints or concerns you may have; and
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products you have requested or are interested in, such as:
- our related bodies corporate;
- third party service providers (such as Government Authorities);
- national regulators and accreditation bodies;
- website hosts; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
Third Party Service Providers
We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers who assist us in providing the services you request, including public authorities and providers of information services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties who work with us in our business to promote, market or improve the services that we provide, including:
- providers of customer relations management database services and marketing database services;
- marketing consultants, promotion companies and website hosts; and
- consultants and professional advisers.
We may also combine your Personal Information with information available from other sources, including the entities mentioned above, to help us provide better services to you.
Where we do share information with third parties, we require that there are contracts in place that only allow use and disclosure of Personal Information to provide the service and that protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Otherwise, we will disclose Personal Information to others if you’ve given us permission, or if the disclosure relates to the main purpose for which we collected the information, and you would reasonably expect us to do so.
Security of Your Personal Information
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
We store your Personal Information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. We takes security of your Personal Information very seriously and uses a variety of security procedures in the Website to help protect Personal Information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Access to your Personal Information
You may request details of Personal Information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us on (07) 3102 1367.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act.
How we handle requests to correct your Personal Information
We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to make sure that the Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant.
If you believe the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, out of date or incomplete, you can ask us to update or correct it. To do so, please contact us on (07) 3102 1367.
Our help desk can generally assist with updating your Personal Information immediately over the phone. However, if you are unhappy with the handling of your request to update or correct your Personal Information, you may request that the matter be escalated to our Privacy Officer for further review.
How to contact us to make a complaint
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel to contact us. We take complaints very seriously and will ensure that all complaints are dealt with in a reasonably appropriate timeframe.
Helix Insights Pty Ltd Privacy Officer
GPO Box 715, Brisbane QLD 4001
(07) 3102 1367
How to Contact Us